Reporting to the Head of Marketing for Malaysia, the Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, planning and execution of marketing campaigns across the business. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is critical, as the role includes content creation and member communication. Able to manage and lead a team of marketing executives with guidance and strategic direction.
Brand Management / Standards Implementation
- Act as the brand guarding in ensuring alignment and synergy on where the fitness brands 'play' by supporting and continually developing the brand architecture.
- Ensure brand governance and adherence across all touchpoints.
Management of Marketing Campaigns
- Develop an intimate knowledge of local consumer needs, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute a strategic marketing plan to grow/manage our brand and product portfolio
- ··Plan strategy and implementation across all marketing pillars working hand-in-hand with digital marketing, partnership and designers to develop cutting-edge marketing campaigns.
- Establish go-to-market plans including positioning (target audience segmentation), messaging, club materials, internal and external communication materials, promotional activities, and other deliverables, as appropriate.
- Content creation (photos/videos) for EDM’s, website, social media and all digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing to integrate and amplify regional campaigns across all channels.
- Promote and foster 2-way communication between clubs and the support office; work closely with Club Operations Teams and National Fitness Managers.
- Marketing intelligence and analysis via in house research capabilities, social monitoring tools, data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital marketing or other relevant degrees.
- Minimum 6-8 years work experience in brand or product marketing/ media (agency experience preferred)
- Motivated, driven individual who is able to lead a small team and provide guidance and supervision.
- Excellent PR and communication skills & command of English language (verbal & written). Copy writing skills will be a strong advantage.
- Must have a passion for health and fitness – overall wellness and be willing to try new things (new exercise classes, equipment, concepts etc).
- Confident with good presentation skills. Able to articulate and have a rationale point of view and must be able to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes due to the nature of the business.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Good time management and ability to work with speed.
- A sharp eye for detail and resourceful in planning effectively.
- Demonstrates strategic agility, quick thinking and willingness to learn.